Sunday, February 13, 2011

Things lookin' good!!

First....PRAISE THE LORD!! our premie has gained back her weight and over her birth weight, ok, like 10 grams, but THAT IS GOOD!! we saw her after services today and my, she just looked so small. But though she has an IV for nutrition and fluids, the tubes for air in her lungs was out!! she is doing really well. The nurses said "she just needs to gain weight!" So pray as she does and each day is a victory! Pray as we work with AGCI to find a family who will take a premie so small and all.

We may be on the road again! Traveling to see that 15yr old. Her mom likes the sound of our ministry more and more. But we may make a few visits! We have a 26yr old mom who called our hotline from the same county. She was 9 weeks pregnant and her family was insisting abortion. The reason? She is disabled......she has only a few fingers on each hand. Of course her family says she is not fit to be a mother and WHAT IF the baby is mishaped like you? Her boyfriend? Well, they are living together.....I get the feeling of .....if the baby is fine, they might keep it and get married.....if not, who knows. BUT she is not going to get an abortion!! Whew! and talk about the tears at our office over this........

In this ministry, there are many many things that are discouraging. Somethings tend be a bit um, beaurcratic it seems. Some people tend to think "unwed mother ministry" instead of "ministry to unwed mothers." Is there a difference? I feel there is big one. Where do you put the ministry? First? or last? To many it might sound the same, but in my hear there is that difference. Ministry is first. Actually we should say "minsitry to women in crisis pregnancy", not unwed mother's specifically. We have had the families who have had 7,8, even 13 kids and ask for help. Or should we say "ministry to women in crisis" period?

Last night as I was laying bed, it was not late, it just takes me forever to get to sleep, I got a phone call. I called her Momma S on facebook. She said "Shr Mu (title for pastors wife), I might not get up in time for church tomorrow." She was one of our former moms, is  a single mom and her boyfriend left her recently because "he couldn't be with a woman who gave his child away"....yet the man was abusive (had many reports) and was useless beyond the defintion of the word!! seriously glad he left. BUT she has to go to jail. She originally was working to "pay off" the jail time, but with the boyfriend gone and no one to watch her 2yr old, she couldn't work anymore. There is not special daycare services for women like this.

Momma S started to share "Shr Mu, I have been so mean to HanHan (her little girl), but she is being so good. I am so sad I am leaving her for two months. I just don't want to get to close to her right now and hoping that will make it less painful.But Shr Mu, I have just been mean to her and hit her and it makes me sad." Then she started crying. In my heart I wanted to cry. I tried to assure her her feelings were normal, but cautioned her on her actions. I have not heard from her today and praying I do as she was at the beach yesterday when she called.

Our ministry goes on after moms "leave us". I guess we could say, we are normally one of the few that know of they harships and adoption. They will come back knowing we don't judge and we can help in anyway, we will. That is "ministry" first. I am not saying we are all "holier than Thou" type or better than the next. This is what God has called us to do and we do it. Tiring yes, but knowing that we can be a light for God, used by Him. An instrument in the hand of the Mighty Conductor.

Keep praying for us.....

1 comment:

JEff said...

Praying for Momma S. What a tough situation. Who will care for her 2 yo while she is in jail?