Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Back to Work!!!!

And has it started with a bang!! My family came back a day late as to avoid the traffic, but I got a phone call that morning. I really don't know how much I SHOULD share here, please remember that information here at this private blog I really don't want it to "get out." many of you know why. My team and I look at this as a ministry, not just "cases".

I am sharing this with you because we covet your prayers. We had a phone call on the first day back at work of a mom who can't take care of baby girl. Baby was born at 1.6lbs!!! YUP!! Wuli and I visited the baby, Ah-Huei,  and really I was trembling....the nurses (who know us well!!) asked if I was ok......I have seen premie babies as you know....BUT NONE LIKE THIS!!! she was so small, with way too many tubes come from places. She was born the end of January at 26 weeks old due to premature rupture of the membranes(aka...moms water broke early). She is so small, but so cute!! currently her only problems are her lungs as mom was unable to hold off delivery.

Please keep mom and baby in prayers. Mom had to go to work very soon after having baby. She is a single mom of a kindergartener, baby's father has left. Mom works day by day. Very hard life. We are so thankful that God allowed us to have an open line of communication with the hospital. We were the first ones they called. Praise God!!

We had a phone call today...........the mom of a 15yr old girl called today, the 15yr old is 8 months pregnant! yup, you read that correctly!!! 8 months pregnant!!! Alexia took the call......lots of emotions. Please pray was we have a follow up call tomorrow.

As I have mentioned on facebook, Chinese New Year I feel was hard for many moms. They were surrounded by family and friends. Many of the moms carried secrets of having a baby with them, some may have gotten looks of being "one of those girls" and such. They may have seen family members with babies, the possibilities are endless. Normally, big holidays like this and birthdates are hard for moms, for years......... I have had 3 moms contact me, that is what made me think of all my mommas........broke my heart! So, please send a little prayer for MLH mommas....

Ok, lots of catch up to do.......bye for now

No comments: