Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My favorite verse......

Isaiah 43:2 "When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. "

Right now I feel like I am drowning. Ministry has so many ups and downs. Ups are: we have had a numerous amount of phone calls and counseling this week so far, so thankful that God is opening up ways for us to minister to moms. A local organization, who a year ago (well, even 4months ago) would MAYBE give us the time of day if we asked, but though they work with unwed mothers, they seemed to ignore us. UNTIL now they need us:-)....God has a great sense of humor.  So thankful that they have come and asked us about things and how they can be part of it all, even transferring cases (they have a young momma they want to transfer over). So had a good talk.....
Downs: you all know that AGCI is working hard getting Hannah's Hope registered/licensed. Technically we are not doing anything illegal. You all have seen the house, the gov't says the bathroom/bathing area is not big enough. Plus there are lots of little things that are down right annoying. Mainly "well,if we let you all slide by as the first one of it's kind, then others will want to start doing similar work and we just have to have high standards set". Yeah I see it, I GUESS.....who else is going to jump on this bandwagon and be a glutton for punishment!!LOL!!  Now some people here who were deeply invovled are very discouraged and basically want to go another way, that, well, it is easier, and smaller, but still won't give us what we need in the gov'ts eyes. Just lots of stuff. I am tired of feeling like I am swimming against the current. And I am tired of feeling like people think I am imposing or dictating things..............that is not what I am doing! my team at MLH/CPC is getting exhausted.
Other than saying "no discussing these things at all" in the office, I can't control these.

Blah.....just a BLAH!! day..............sorry to sound so depressed. Yes, I know Satan is doing a happy dance over all this too. Seems like this licensing stuff is just putting undue pressure on everyone.......something has just gotta break!!! please pray that it gets all done and sorted out...............

As to the mom going to jail and her 2yr old.......her little one will go into foster care. I wish wish wish we could take her for those 2.5months, but that is not feasible.........pray though that when she gets out, she will be able to find the support she needs.

1 comment:

JEff said...

Praying for strength and encouragement.