Thursday, March 8, 2012

Today was much better!!!

First, Wuli and I taught a sessio on "Fighting Sexual Harrassment" at a local Veteran's home. They had about 35 patients there. It was obvious some of it was hard for them to understand (and no, it was not me speaking!! I just hit the button on the power point!). Wuli did well as she has worked there before and knows the crowd. At first I was like, why on earth are we speaking on THIS topic to THESE people. Well, God kinda smacked me awake and said,"these PEOPLE face problems because THEY are weak and easily taken advantage of." As I looked across the crowd at the faces, men in wheel chairs, some dozing off, others drooling, I could tell they were really listening. At the end I was so thankful for the opportunity to be there. Maybe God will use what we taught today to help free someone from the horrors of sexual harrassement or being taken advantage of, they will now feel better about standing up for themselves.

Today we also brought a baby boy into our center. So excited as I was at the birth. The dr used this birth as a "training session" I guess for me .......weird. I normally stand near the mommas as they give birth, but Dr. Li wanted to teach me how to deliver in the event a momma should not make it on time to the hospital....sure hope he isn't prophesying or anything. But that was cool!! This baby we will see about working with a new organization and so hopefully once the new rules take in affect, we can have an agency for our baby referrals. Hate to do that, but that is the way. At least we can still take care of and love on baby boy!!

THEN Wuli and I went shopping! WOOHOO!!! Friends are moving, and they are in the "EVERYTHING MUST GO" since they already took 7 truck loads away. YUP!! not an ordinary place. This is a group of 7 families and all have 3-4 kids, living together in one big house!! So we were able to get most of the small book shelves we needed for Hagar's House and 4 chairs for Garden of Grace for less than $60US!!! Of course I bought some things for my family:-) and spent more than $60US, but well worth it.

So thankful for today. The past few days with Luke gone to China, I have seen some things I need to cut back on and somethings I need work on. I love how even though we get so busy and "forget" about going to the Throne of the Almighty, HE still waits for us and never changes, always there for advice and comfort. "It's so wonderful to be a Christian, it's so wonderful to be God's child, it's so wonderful to have your sins forgiven........" (and what is the rest of the song?)

Thanks for your prayers.....please continue to pray for Momma L as she is 28 weeks along and not feeling well. Many decisions for her to make.

No comments: