Sunday, March 4, 2012

long overdue post....

I am very busy, but shouldn't be an excuse for not posting. I really need to make a habit to blog about family, ministry and Taiwan. Hopefully I can get some readers then!! Let's see:

FAMILY: An adopting family who was here picking their bundle of blessing took these pictures for me, I am so happy!!! When Luke comes back from China, we are getting family pictures done as we do need a prayer card badly!!
                                             Joshua (13y)                        Josiah (9yr)

                                                Noah (7yr)                        Anna Joy (3yr)
While I don't get to spend a gazillion hours with my kiddies, I try to make the most of when I do. They really put up with alot!!LOL!  They have been doing well with their homeschooling and have their good days and bad days, but still proud of them. I have seen a growth in them this past year and while we still have had our trials (puberty mainly), we are still surviving. Being a parent of a teen isn't a bad thing all the time! It really brings your parenting skills and training ideas to the forefront, often wondering.....what on earth am I doing to my kids? But, we have a God-given task to raise them the best we can and that is all we can do. We are thankful that Noah has not had any episodes since end of December 2011. He was diagnosed with "Cyclic Vomitting Syndrome." Meaning, he gets a migraine and he vomits on and off for days, normally gets dehydrated and ends up in the ER for fluids.....happened alot last year. He may grow out of it, but it is a matter of making sure he catches the feeling of a headache and fixing it fast. The older two are having fun on their guitars and do special music with their daddy at church once a month. So thankful for my family, but I need to learn to not take it for granted!! While it does get frustrating being a nag (yes, I am....) I am thankful that Luke and I will be celebrating 15 years of marrige this July. Funny how young people look at me and say "is that like a Guiness book record cause that is a long time!". Then I tell them my parents are almost at 50 years of marriage and they pass out:-) 




These two lovely ladies have been life savers these past few months.
                                                Jessica                                Bethany
These two have been teaching my 3 boys and watching out for Anna as well, not an easy task. I have been informed that my 3 boys are as exhausting as 6 children......um......yup, I knew that:-)  But they have worked with the boys on lots of areas, getting schedules set and homework done. Both these ladies and my boys have learned alot. Bethany leaves us in May (boohoo) and Jessica maybe this summer. So then I will have to figure something out til furlough, which is in December. We will be praying that when we come back in May 2013, we can have a teacher with us as well or on the way. We have been so thankful for their learning spirits and servants hearts. It has been hard at times for them I know, and I know first hand how exhausting it can be. So thankful that the Lord placed them in our home for this short time.


 MINISTRY:
This picture was taken last week. We met with a momma who is really in need. We see her again on Tuesday, but thankful that she was brave enough to call us and reach out to us.

God continues to bring mommas and give us phone calls. While at times it is exhausting and at times things just don't seem to go as we plan, we know that God's timing is perfect. We are still working on and praying to have our paperwork for our baby home in this month. Somethings backed it up and made it later than usual ,but God knows why.
Keep everyone here in prayer. We have a few Worth Waiting For essions this month and next, so that is keeping us busy along with other things. Thanks for everything!

No comments: