Thursday, April 14, 2011

Today....

I get to spend the night tonight at the momma's home. I will be teaching a craft as well. I am excited. We are looking to teach macrame plant hangers! I am not talented, but I can do a few knots. We can also use those knots to make the straps for our bags we are going to do (going to do is the key phrase there). The knots we can make little key chains.....really unlimited possibilities here. We hope to be able to sell some at the 5/14 activity as well as on line, and adoptive families can buy some in the future as well.:-)

Tomorrow we are going to attempt to make chocolate candies. We have molds, but going to work on doing the chocolates.

I like to use these times as "therapy" with the moms. There is so much to do to keep them busy really. As it goes "idle hands are the devils workshop." I see it as more along the lines of "idle minds". Our current counselor has been allowed too much freedom and the girls use the computer alot or watch tv. It is sad. We are a Christian home that wants to be different! I like to use these times to talk and chat with moms, such a relaxing time. This is the "family" time we like to talk about.

So,pray that for each knot we make, the moms hearts will open up. Each knot they tie in the string, will release a knot in their heart.

No comments: