Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Update on God's working...

Well, let's see. Someone told they were proud of me jumping right back into all of this work right after having a baby. I guess I saw it as no choice. It's not like the world is gonna stop cause I had a baby:-).
We hopefully will soon be getting the a/c put in. Why? well, today we met with a 19yr old (will be 20yr old in October) unwed mother. We are counseling her, though she came with her pastor's wife. They are from a village outside the city. We found out that the family and pastor's wife had gone to the one and only unwed mother office/service in our county. They could send her to a home run by an orphanage that does overseas adoptions. But mom was afraid 19yr old wouldn't settle in. Luke piped up that well, she could stay at our house (Luke rarely does things like that so when he does, I don't take it lightly). So, we will see her next week and go from there. We will put her in the Morning Light Mom's program, so we will need some sponsors............anyone? please contact me if you are interested.

Thursday (the 21st) I meet with a 24yr old mom to take her to a long overdue prenatal appointment. She is also unwed and deciding what to do. She is due soon though.

As you can see, God is really working and showing us more and more..........these people who most ignore or give the cold shoulder, you need to talk to them and help them and their children.

I have more to write, but need to get things ready for church tonight.

No comments: