Friday, September 28, 2012

I gotta admit.....

Isaiah 41:10 "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."
 

I am a bit exhausted this Friday afternoon. Things are going well, and when things go well you easily let your guard down. And it is right at that time that Satan SWOOPS down and BAMs you down.



See we are working on somethings for the daycare as well as an upcoming event. This event is a first event for us and another Christian association. This event, Walk for Life, honestly has never happened in our part of Taiwan. OF COURSE Satan wants to keep us preoccupied with disgruntled people and with things that aren't really of importance. This ministry is a big spiritual battle ground. Battling for lives, not just the lives of future children, but lives for mommas and dads whose life could be drastically changed for the worse due an abortion.


Let's face it folks, Satan just doesn't want that to happen. This afternoon I received a phone call from a former momma whose children are in the adoption process. Due to some circumstances, she was able to see them and the adoptive family of her older child. Yes, three children, all being adopted and by the same family. The mom called me saying thru tears she was thinking of her baby boy and wanting him back. This mom has been traveling alot to get to meet family and kids that she has never ever taken care of, she is exhausted, she is tired of her life and the way it is going. But she is a mom who saw her son for the first time in 8 months. She saw how cute he is, how easy going he is, his smiles and babbling, smelled his baby smell. Now she wants him back. She saw him in the arms of a momma who has loved him from far away. Birth mom wants him back.
 


Do I have time to deal with this knowing it is part of the grieving process? No, but I will make time cause that is the ministry here. There is no putting in the schedule "counseling for crisis", that doesn't even make sense. Crisis happens anytime and anywhere, so counseling needs to be right there. What do I say? My heart says alot of things I cannot mention here, but I also ask her "you work late night shifts in a pub. Who will watch your baby? You barely make enough to eat and live on, baby's needs?" This is not pushing her to NOT want her baby back, but at times reminding them of reality and why they made the decision in the first place. If a mom has changed dramatically and stable, you know what? I would ask the same questions and see her response.


I don't know why I am writing all this. Today, this week has just been exhausting. I might do alot, but I am human too, just like the rest of you.Today, I am tired. I admit it. I am not defeated. Nope.



Joshua 1:9 "Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest."

No comments: