Sunday, September 21, 2008

Well, we had another contact. Though, since I am extremely busy with 3 right now, dh is away and honestly, I just couldn't deal with things, I called a pastor and his wife. See, I "found" this contact on the internet. An unwed mom, with a 4-5 month old baby. My heart was hurting for this mom and child. The pastor and his wife are American Chinese who pastor a church here. They recently started the adoption process of a cute little baby girl born in June. Well, they have friends who have been wanting to adopt a baby boy. They contacted the mom and will meet with her on Tuesday. I really feel God worked that out.

There are times when this work gets really exhausting. Caretakers are needed......what do we do? not just anyone, but one who feels that taking care of infants in the process is a service that is well needed. We need a building, land would be even better, but a building of some kind. I'd love to have the $500,000US+ to buy two houses and renovate to make it into a small family size children's home. But God hasn't planned that yet I guess.

We are working ahead on what God has planned for us. I wish we could just pick these kids up and send them to their forever families right away. I wish they didn't have to wait in care of a temporary mommy for 3-6months. I wish gov't would cooperate.

I was reading on a blog that Stephen Curtis Chapman made a statement that if 7%of the Christians adopted one child, that the children needing forever families crisis would be over. WOW!!! How are you helping?

No comments: