Sunday, June 1, 2008

those ups and downs....

Can I just say I want to scream right now!!!
Today we were to see a baby boy, mom had already decided on adoption. She asked if she could breastfeed for one month, she goes back to jail in August anyway.
Mom had scares up her arm from cutting herself, and she had the alcoholic deep scratchy voice. By looking at her, the lifestyle she lives is quite obvious.
Well, social worker and I get there and mom is wishy washy. She kinda was feeling what if the family was bad, or how would she know how the child is doing. I answered all her questions and assured her that the adopting family was willing to send pictures to her so she can have peace about her decision.
After that she seemed ok. Well, the her 15yr old son steps in. He doesn't want baby brother given away. His attitude and smirks made me want to smack him one!! Mom said she is going to think about it.
So, I had to write the adopting family and explain current situation. That is so hard for me to do. I know that technically we should wait till all papers are signed for adoptions, but really, I am one that prefers to have things lined up. Meaning, I want to make sure I have a family and all things covered and questions answered. It is not my fault the mother is probably going through hormonal problems after delivering.
So, I ask that you all pray for this case. We really need God to work on this mom's heart, to open up her eyes and see what is going on and how this baby needs a stable home.

1 comment:

THE HENLEY FAMILY said...

We will pray for peace for the birth mother and that God will show the 15 year old son that adoption is in the best interest of the baby.

Vickie H.