Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I am rather tired today. I really wish I could do what Josiah does during reading:-) Yes, he was doing his 15 min of reading out loud to me at the office today. Sure, it is not what others do for homeschooling. See, even among homeschoolers there is a big debate and sometimes arguments that "my way is best." Well, yes, my way is best FOR MY CHILD. What is best for your child is what you choose. Simple. I have heard, "your children are not on a schedule of any kind and I do not know how they will make it in the real world." Explain to me "real world." My kids are seeing and hearing it. Yes, I have to make phone calls to important people while they are sitting beside me doing math, working on pronouns and such. They have gone with us to pick up babies, to give food, to help. What part of the real world are they not seeing? (Yes, on a soapbox here!!! sorry!!!).


I have been looking forward to this below, youth group. Crazy I know, but I enjoy our teens. We have two groups: Taitung Bible Baptist Church and Shr Gu Bible Baptist Church, the two churches that Luke is responsible for. We go to play together and then come back to church to eat together and then sing songs, devotions and a game. Lots of laughs and loudness, much like a family night. These kids are awesome!!! So thankful for them!



Yesterday our association's food bank had the privilege of helping out a village pastor. Him and a coworker came to get some things for their village and the needy there. We were able to bless them with formula, diapers, rice, oil, toys and such. They were so excited!! They said it was like Christmas! So thankful for this opportunity to serve HIM this way.Luke said a prayer with them right before they left.

Due to the hot weather, I tend to start walking later. I am really trying to spend that time as my time. I am trying to keep my body healthy as I know I am needed in many places (and sometimes at the same time!LOL!) During this time, I have my music in and TRY to keep from singing outloud as I walk along the track. But many many times, it is hard to not stop and just say "WOW GOD!!!" when looking at the beauty HE has created. It is so easy during these times to forget about the stresses of things going on. I try to forget about the center's budget and where is that coming from? forget about furlough and where are the plane tickets money coming from? moms in need, activities, how is a former mom doing......not to mention: am I spending enough time with my family? am I doing enough?
Yes.......all this tends to run through my mind as I walk. Really having time to think and talk with God, it helps so much!! Wondering what HE is going to do next?:-)

No comments: