Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Movin' on Up!!

Tuesday, June 14, 2011


On the move!!!

There are only a few things that are scheduled (baby appointments and such), but other than that, it is a rare quiet time that we can use to move. The walls are looking bare and boxes are everywhere (hey that rhymed!), and the move begins. I really despise moving.....



We have reached an agreement to finish out somethings with our previous sponsor, though what we thought were things that we could continue to use for the ministry, they have said they will give us a date or two when they want them back. Those items were purchased not donated. So, families who thought their fees were helping the ministry, it only helped to a certain point. Sad, but if they feel like that must be done to make them feel better, I know our God owns a cattle on a thousands hills......HE WILL PROVIDE!!!



This has all been very testing. I will be honest again and say how discouraging it has been and how tiring it has been. There have been times where it is like "what do I do? what do I do?" Trying to keep from making emotional decisions are quite hard for women!! I want to make decisions that God wants us to make.



Yesterday though, as I was cleaning out things, I found something that Luke made for me after I got back from my first trip to Taiwan. We were not "boyfriend/girlfriend" yet, but he sent me a calligraphy of my favorite verses, Isaiah 43:1, 2 "But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine. When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. "



Maybe it was God reassuring me? I don't know. That frame is sitting in my office now. I found comfort in that first as a freshman at Bob Jones University when our family doctor did test and it said that I had cancer of the lymphnodes. THOUGH at surgery, it was a staph infection (doesn't God have a sense of humor!) But that verse brought special comfort to me then and it still does now.



Recent events have given our staff the feeling that we were drowning, physically and emotionally. All the decisions to make, how will it affect the ministry, where will we get the money, will we have food on our tables this month? etc......money suddenly dropped is no laughing matter. But again and again, God brings that verse in Isaiah to me. Along with I Corinthians 10:13 "There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." God does not give us more than we can bear, we may not think we can bear it, but we were never asked to bear it alone, and better yet, God has an escape plan:-)...



So, as we go on our next chapter in our ministry to women, please be with us in prayer about our needs. Fitting that this all comes about as our 1yr anniversary shows up!!!



"To God be the glory, great things He has done!"

2 comments:

JEff said...

Praying and knowing that GOD has great things in store for MLH!

Heather said...

A great reminder for all of us. And it's always good to remember what God has done