Monday, May 30, 2011

It is one of those Mondays.....

We headed off this morning to a high school in Cheng Kung to teach Worth Waiting For. We taught 5 periods, and probably most of the school. I was saddened by the "lack" of innocence in the younger classes. Really, if it was my kid, I would be flabbergasted! But knowing that these kids come from poor backgrounds, and mostly are tribal children, I was not shocked. Knowing that they also probably have never heard the Gospel, was also saddening to us. But we are thankful that we could get the news of us out there and different areas via internet to reach us.

The school counselor was sharing with us about how alot of boyfriends/girlfriends live together. Unfortunately, that did not shock us either. Sometimes, I am saddened that these are no longer "shocking" things to me.  It seems like it is happening more and more in the society here. I really do not know what to say at times other than, I am not suprised.

We are so excited, there are some grants that we seem to qualify for. So please keep us in your prayers that we can get them. We will need funding. I hope to get a chipin button done soon, but am at a loss as to how much to start with!  There have been many of you who have already given generously and we are so thankful. We also have so many plans in our brains.

First, this week we meet with a new mom, please pray for her. We are hopefully moving our center out soon. We will be moving to the 3rd floor of our church, saving $350US in rent!! hopefully though, that will allow us to have more activities as well. So much going on. The church needs some redoing too, so that will take some time.

Well, hoepfully I can write some more at another time. This blog will be open soon, but I wish I could still see who sees it! But, oh well, we know that we want this blog to reach those who need to see it.

Thank you for your prayers again!! keep them coming in!

No comments: