Tuesday, March 22, 2011

God is moving!!!

Momma J called today, "I can't stand this anymore, can I come and move in today?" as we talked with her, we looked up the train schedule. She arrives at 1pm. She is roughly 4-5months pregnant. Her boyfriend, now EX boyfriend, has really been causing issues and problems for her and her family. Momma J has had one abortion already for this man, and she says she will not do that again!! my heart breaks for her, yet jumps with joy as we have this opportunity to minister. Please pray that we can support her all along the way and pray that most of all she will see Jesus!

Our hotline received ANOTHER call last night, from a 37 yr old!! (weird when someone calls is the same age as me!!). The story is the same, she already had one abortion because the boyfriend "doesn't want it", so FOR him, she aborted. But this time, she hasn't told anyone she is pregnant. She asks about coming to live at MLH. She wants to raise her baby on her own. We told her just come and we'll work it out. Momma Li needs a sponsor.

We are so thankful for these opportunities to serve HIM. More and more the need for a "graduate" home is looking like a need. More and more, work opportunities for these moms are needed. We have plans, but hadn't jumped on them, but God's timing is more perfect.

So much has been going on besides these moms coming. At times I wish that we didn't have to minister, not that I don't love being with the moms and helping, but that means there are hurting moms, hurting women, women with broken hearts and lives. Each story is different, but each heart is the same. Broken and bleeding and needing God's loving arms to help them. Some people say we are crazy, but God says "Don't be afraid, only believe." That is what we are doing, though it is hard!! I need to go back to writing my thoughts (my therapy!LOL!), but at times just so emotionally exhausted. As I lay in bed at night, my thoughts go to moms we hear about. We would LOVE to just make all their choices for them, but we can't. It hurts when you hear of mom's with a 2week old baby, being punched and abused over formula money! Just makes you want to run out and hug them and bring them back home (though I have 5 babies at my house right now, so that won't work!!LOL!) Moms who have been through abortions, know what it is physically and emotionally, yet place themselves in this position for love. They think that the man will love them.

I could go on, I need to gather my thoughts though before writing. But need some help.....what should be a name for a "graduate" home. A shelter for moms who want to raise their own children. Suggestions?

off to look at some places.

No comments: